Skip to main content

My word for 2019


This March I will be 56  years old.  When I was a kid, I thought being in your 50’s was so old.  Now that I am living this age, I don’t see it that way.  Inside, I feel like that same little girl who thought being in your 50’s is old.  I feel young.  I feel happy and eager to learn new things.  Like the saying goes, “You are only as old as you feel.”
I want to begin to learn more.  A few months ago I started watching the program, ‘Universe,‘ with my husband.  This show is revealing to me a lot of the mysteries of the universe I was always fascinated over and completely in the dark about.  ‘Universe’ is also turning me on to science.  It’s thrilling to watch and learn.  It’s invigorating to actually have something explained so well you can understand it.  For this reason, I want to make my word for 2019, ‘learn.‘  Learning is going to be paramount in my life this year.  I intend to set aside blocks of time to read daily, whether it be before bed or in little snippets during the day like while in line at the bank or waiting in the car.  I have stacks of books waiting for me, calling my name.   The time is now.
Sarah Jessica Parker talks about how her mom always taught her to bring a book with her wherever she went.  That way she would always have an opportunity to read when the time arises.




What is your word for 2019?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Year's Message To You All

Greetings, Bloomers! Well, another year is about to end, and a new one is about to begin.  It's a time when everyone is reflecting on the past while thinking about new resolutions for the future—time to review and change. Here at Bloom Studio, we're no different. As Bloom’s owner and creative director, I thought I would share some of my thoughts with you. 2018 Thanks to you, 2018 was a wonderful year.  I'm so proud of what we’ve accomplished. Here are some highlights:   § 86  groups had wine and canvas parties. Many who came rekindled their love of painting, or found a new joy in art.  Almost all enjoyed friendship and the joy of accomplishing something with people they cared about.  I hope you were one of them.   §    We had 39 children's parties with 285 children, many of whom experienced painting in a positive and encouraging surrounding for the first time.   §    During our 23 young people's classes, we helped fill a significant gap in ma

We All Have a Super Power and an Invite to Join a Vision Board Class

I love words.  I especially love words when they combine into incredibly, awesome quotations! Always on the lookout for that special quotation that gives meaning to my life, I found today's while watching NBC's "The Today Show" yesterday morning. "Creativity is the greatest superpower of all."  Dav Pilkey, author of the children's book series Captain Underpants. WOW!! Pause and let those words swirl around in your consciousness for a few minutes. (Yes, I am talking to YOU!) Your life is the blank canvas upon which your Creativity Super Power is free to be it's creative best. It is NEVER to late to create your BEST life!  Especially now that you know you have SUPER POWERS!  Tonight at Bloom Art Studio, the inaugural Artist's Way class members are coming back together to CREATE a Vision Board.  On this night of a Black Super Moon, the stage is set to unleash the Super Powers of Creativity!  Come join in the fun!  The Vision Board cl

The Artist's Way Workshop is coming to Bloom Studio

Are you asking yourself any of these questions? Am I experiencing all there is in my life? What is creativity? Where did my creativity go? My life is in transition--what do I do next? Join in the Artist’s Way Workshop--a cluster of like-minded individuals who are desiring to experience more out of life, discover or recover their creativity, experiencing transition in their personal or work life, or simply want to shine their creative light more at home, work, or play. This eight-week class will assist participants in jump starting their own creativity while being part of a nurturing community of women exploring Julia Cameron’s book The Artist’s Way . Class members will gather once a week for 8 weeks, to develop strength in using the “tools” of Morning Pages, Artist’s Dates and other acts of creativity, share in book chapter discussions and celebrate while giving witness to each member’s journey toward creativity.